St. John the Baptist was the first Catholic School established in McHenry County. The first church, made of logs in 1843 served a dual purpose as church and school.
We are proud to be celebrating our 171st year of serving the Johnsburg and surrounding community. If you are new to the area, or are looking to send your child to a private school, let us show you why so many families enjoy the St. John School atmosphere and campus.
Our Catholic school can provide your child(ren) the opportunity to grow with Christ at a time when they are most vulnerable to influence and temptation. At St. John the Baptist, we believe there is nothing more important to your child's development than the word of God. Children of all faiths are welcome.
We invite you to:
* learn more about the history of the school, click here
* learn about tuition and registration, click here
* read a few testimonials of graduates of St. John's, click here
Everyone is welcome to attend! Parents and children are encouraged to attend. Given by Pamela R. Quinlan. Life Lessons on how Bullying is a bad thing through her book "A Snowy Day at Spring Pond" Join us on Thursday March, 10th at 6 pm in the School Gym. For more information about the speaker, check out http://www.pqcompany.net/index.html
Why Catholic Education?
Values, Faith and Service
• Prepare students to encounter Jesus Christ and bring Catholic teachings into their lives and the lives of those around them.
• Reinforce faith and values taught at home by continuing their practice every day in school and co-curricular activities.
• Strive to foster student’s lifelong commitment of Christ-centered service to others.
Click Here to Learn more
We are always looking to improve our educational experience for our children. We can't do this without support. Click Here to see different ways you can help. View the Wish List to see small items that you can help with for the classrooms.